Here are a few lessons for YOU from mistresses and cheating husbands:
- Have confidence. Insecurity is a very unattractive trait. Besides, men more often have affairs to meet their emotional needs, regardless of what their wives look like. Take care of yourself for your health and self-esteem as much as to keep him interested.
- Pay attention to him. One expert says the #1 thing men report when they cheat is a lack of attention from their wives or girlfriends. Be fully present and really listen to him.
- Be appreciative. Don't assume he knows you're grateful for things he does. Men like to know their roles don't go unnoticed. Be sure to tell him what you appreciate about him.
- Date each other. When you find time for a date night or add little romantic touches to a long-term relationship, he'll remember he's got the total package: history, plus sexy fun.
- Have sex! Sexual desire comes and goes, but try to have some physical closeness at least once a week. Keep sex a special and joyful part of your relationship.
- Stay interested. Ask him about his work. One reason men have affairs with women they work with is that co-workers notice his struggles and accomplishments. Imagine how he feels when he tells you how he kicked ass at work and you ignore him!